Okay. I'm starting to recognize that I have neglected this blog for way too long. If I'm not careful, people are going to stop checking it! And then where would we be?
This summer is flying by. The way I pictured it being and the way it has actually been are mostly two separate things. Mostly I imagined a lot of sitting around and relaxing and getting bored. While we have had more relaxation time than we do during the school year, I just feel like we're busy busy busy. I'll try to give you some of the highlights, with pictures (when appropriate).
On June 11th, Brent's brother Mark went into the MTC! Unfortunately, we don't have the pictures to this one, but we will someday. Both varieties of Elder Hill are doing well. They both say the language is coming well. My brother Alex was actually supposed to go to Mexico on Monday, but they're having visa troubles. He seems to be taking it well.
In June we took a short trip with my parents to go to Washington to see my brother Nicholas graduate! The picture at the beginning is from our stop in Twin Falls, ID to see...the Twin Falls! They were pretty sweet--Brent is fascinated by water and the cool things it can do, so we stayed quite a while. They had some crazy wind though--look at my hair!
So we left on a Thursday, arrived in Washington on Friday, and Nick's graduation was on Saturday. Look! A graduate!
I think my brother is one of the people on that ramp. I think he's the one on the bottom of the ramp on the left side. The commencement was good but LONG--it makes me glad I didn't go to my own commencement (of course, my commencement featured Dick Cheney, and I really didn't want to get there are 1 for all the security precautions for a program that didn't start until 4. Plus, I was writing my speech). Anyway, we're glad we went to see it happen. Afterwards, Nick introduced us to the wonders of Mongolian Grill, which I fell in love with. We're still trying to find a good one in the Provo/Orem area. Anyone know of one? He also introduced us to Rockband, which heavily influenced our decision to buy a wii (no, Barbara, we don't have MarioKart yet, but I think it might be our next purchase. Brent played a demo version and fell in love).
On the way home from Washington we took a scenic road home so that we could at least see Mt. Ranier. We wanted to hike it, but the trip was just a little too short! As you can see, there was still tons of snow up at the top.
After the Washington trip, the next fun thing was that my friend Katie stayed with us for a few days! Among other things (most of which included reminiscing about high school days and sleepovers), we made a cake sculpture! How fun and random!
Okay, this is getting too long, and I have to blowdry my hair before it goes all crazy by itself. Just wanted you to know we're here, we're alive, and we're happy!
Comments
xo Tammy